If you have ever thought of buying art, certainly you know that there are several channels to do so. From art fairs such as Arco in Madrid, to auctions and art dealers, the options are varied. But here in Sorolla we think the safest and best way is to do it through your art gallery. And here are 8 reasons that will convince you about it Read on!
An art gallery usually offers a range of after sales services that are difficult to find in other sales channels:
1. A gallery normally accompanies the sale of the piece of art with a document certifying its authenticity: in Sorolla we deliver all our artworks and paintings with a warranty and authenticity certificate which attests the author and its status as a unique and original work.
2. Not all galleries offer this service, but it is interesting to find out if the gallery we are buying from provides free delivery of the piece we are going to acquire. When we buy a work of art we often look only in the price tag, but it is important to think about the added expenses, which can significantly increase the final price we will pay. In our art gallery we offer free shipping if the amount exceeds 120 € and we also guarantee delivery in one or two days within Spanish territory.
3. We may know the work we want to acquire, either for aesthetic reasons or as investors, but there´s only one problem: the price exceeds our budget. Many galleries can give us the option of financing the work in order to extend the payment in small installments, and advantage which is harder to find in art fairs or with art dealers.
4. On the other hand, an art gallery allows us to change our mind: Maybe when the piece arrives home we find it to be too large or too small, and it does not fit so well in the space in which it was going to be placed. Because of that, in Sorolla we offer a 7 day refund term. This service is especially important if we are planning to buy on an online art gallery, so we will not be able to see the original work firsthand until we receive it at home.
5. In an art gallery we can see the work we want to buy firsthand, because it is there physically, instead of having to go through a catalog or any other printed image; this way we can take a much more accurate decision .
6. The art gallery allows us to see a wide selection of different pieces, comparing styles and prices and determining which is best suited to meet our needs and expectations.
7 .In an art gallery we can gather information about the artworks that are selling better, which is a decisive advantage if we are buying art as an investment. We can talk directly to the manager or person in charge, who will provide valuable information on the piece and its artist: What is his or her reputation? Has he or her won awards or painting competitions? Have his works taken part in any important exhibition? Is there a genre for which he or she is particularly well known?
8. Another very important reason for choosing an art gallery to buy art are the discounts: Galleries usually provide deals on certain paintings or works of art, and even have sales periods as many other establishments have. (By the way, have you seen our discounts up to 70% for our 30th anniversary?)
In addition to buying at a physical gallery, we can consider buying on an online gallery, a decision that also gives us the advantage of convenience and accessibility: we can view and purchase the works of a lot of artists from a well organized and cataloged database, without having to travel to the physical store.
And finally, one additional point that we can not forget: the business of art can sometimes be risky if we talk about acquiring expensive products such as great works of art and paintings. As a result, many art galleries have a very short life. So, if you’re going to make a big investment, make sure the gallery you are buying from has been open for some time, and that it will remain so in the future.
*Photos from Flickr.
SOROLLA ONLINE ART GALLERY – ORIGINAL SPANISH GALLERY